Saturday, May 17, 2008

Friday5:Destinations

One of the revgals wrote yesterday about a trip she and her sisters are taking overseas with their parents. Many other RevGals are headed for the Festival of Homiletics in the coming week. In honor of these upcoming trips, herewith your Grand Tour Friday Five.

Name five places that fall into the following categories:

1) Favorite Destination -- someplace you've visited once or often and would gladly go again
Bald Head Island NC. I've been there twice with friends and would absolutely go again.
Its the place I think of for dream vacation.
Also, Cape Cod, South Carolina coast & Chicago.


2) Unfavorite Destination -- someplace you wish you had never been (and why)
Hmmm this is tougher. I got really ill at Great Adventure once
and have avoided it since, but that doesn't cross over to all amusement parks.
I was really lost in a bad area of Baltimore once.


3) Fantasy Destination -- someplace to visit if cost and/or time did not matter
Italy or again Bald Head Island. Very different I know.
I've only been out of the country once, to Toronto ;).
If I ever get to go somewhere overseas Italy is high on my list.
Also Japan because I have an exchange sister there and she's been here a lot.
We've never visited her.
Bald Head would just be a great relaxing vacation, beach and such.
The first time I went it rained almost the whole week. And we still had a ball.


4) Fictional Destination -- someplace from a book or movie or other art or media form you would love to visit, although it exists only in imagination
Huh. In science fiction the future is often bleak and
I don't want to visit a murder mystery or thriller novel.
Ditto movies I guess.
I have a painting on my wall that might be nice to visit for a while.
Its a lovely landscape with hills, trees and a river.
Excellent place for a picnic. And the artist was kind enough to not paint any bugs.


5) Funny Destination -- the funniest place name you've ever visited or want to visit
Lizard Lick NC
Intercourse PA

Bonus...Our church finally has a website!
Still somewhat under construction but, its up!

No comments: