Sunday, May 18, 2008

Graduation/Transitions

There are times when I can see the pastor in my Hubby.
I've known him for a long time and I still find it hard to see him as my pastor.
Today though during his sermon I lost the husband-ness a bit.

Today's liturgy is The Great Commission "Go make disciples of all nations and remember that I am with you until the end of the age". Jesus once again giving direction to those bewildered disciples.
Graduation is coming up this week and our congregation has a few graduates. Hubby talked about the difficulty of transitions - from high schooler to graduate, from worker to retired, from follower to leaders of the church! And while Jesus isn't right there giving us the Great Commision as we make the transitions of our lives, He kind of is, and he and the church are with them, til the end of the age.

And for a while my pastor was speaking...not specifically my husband.
That is rare folks, rare.

No comments: