Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday5 on a Friday! OMG

It is a holiday weekend here in the US, so...

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturizers
or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?
My winter white, with freckles, quickly changes to pink with more freckles in the sun.
I've never used a tanner, or tanning moisturizers, but I might consider it, I guess,
for a special occasion.


2.Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favorite getaway?
Beach, I think. Although I'm not opposed to any vacation that involves some water.

3.Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?
I am having a long break now anyhow, and its a bit wearing.
I don't quite know what to do with myself. On the one hand I need a job, on the other hand,
I'm pregnant and its not usually an interview-winner.
Also there doesn't seem to be any childcare for babies in my town,
so even if I come up with something, I'll have to leave to have the baby
and then, who cares for it?
So it looks like subbing or some sort of part-time work will be it for this year.
I am kinda disappointed about it.
NOT the baby, I am thrilled about the baby,
I'm disappointed with my ongoing unemployment. Oh I am SO off-topic.


4.Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?
Lazy days with a nice walk, or swim or something.
I need to do "something" everyday otherwise I feel like I've missed out.


5.Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine,
or do you prefer to play it safe?
Never been anywhere that different but, I eat seafood at the beach!
Does that count?

Bonus! We have patio furniture!
Vacation begins on the back porch as soon as the weather improves!

4 comments:

mid-life rookie said...

I'm with you on the water and doing a little something each day.

Jeanine Byers said...

I know what you mean about the patio furniture! My "vacation" starts when it's warm enough to go out on the balcony, which is where I am right now.

"Lazy days with a nice walk" sounds wonderful, too! That's what most of my weekends are like.

Terri said...

Yes...I'm a backyard vacationer too! Good play Hip!

Terri said...

Also...I tagged you for a meme at my place...