Friday, October 06, 2006

Flag Football

Its that time of year! Seminary league football! Our real first game is tomorrow. We will lose, but we'll have a ball! I should start by saying that we live up to our team name, the Tailgators. We invited everyone we know to play, regardless of knowledge of football or athletic ability. We have 37 players. We have over 20 women, several teenagers and a team babysitter. And we tailgate after our games. We're really good at that.

We're getting t-shirts. Everyone got to choose whatever they want on the back of their shirt. Hubby is our manager and coach and his shirt will say Head Chef. Flash's will say Junior Chef but we toyed with several others : Gatertot and Coach were my favorites.

I've never really had a fun nickname. No one called me Squirt, Tiger or Princess. Everyone called me by my name, which is a nickname, but not a fun one. So what do you choose for the back of your shirt, if you can choose anything?

I'm not entirely "sold" on my nickname but it'll do. I'm the Katerer.

Tomorrow my contribution is
Spicy Meatballs.
1 jar pineapple jam (or apricot)
1/2 bottle spicy chili sauce (I like Thai Garlic Chili sauce)
Heat these in a sauce pan until the jelly breaks down.
meatballs (30 small ones...you could buy them frozen...)
Put it all in a crockpot for about 5 hours on low.
Easy, delicious and even vegetarian...if you get vegetarian meatballs.

Enjoy the game!

No comments: