Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 5: the Comfort version

From Reverend Mother:
Whatever the reason, my thoughts have been turning to cozy creature comforts--those activities and spaces that just make a person feel good. And so...

1. Comfort beverage - It should be something warm given the chill in the air. I think I'll choose hot cider, or BlackCurrant Tea. Iced coffee or an egg cream sounds good right now but I'm craving some sugar!

2. Comfort chair - The wonderful red floral armchair in Flash's bedroom that deserves its own post...maybe tomorrow.

3. Comfort read -I read certain books again and again. The James Herriot books and American Pie: Slices of Life (and Pie) from America's Back Roads by Pascale Ledraoulec spring to mind.

4. Comfort television/DVD/music - I have my go-to movies for difficult days - Groundhog's Day, Top Hat, Ocean's 11. Grumpy Days for Flash seem to require Thomas the Tank Engine, even though he doesn't often want to see those anymore.

5. Comfort companion(s) - Dogs, already fed and walked and snoozing on the couch. A nice polar-fleece blanket. Some autumn sun. Some of my grandmother's Oatmeal Lace cookies, still warm.

I need a day like the one described above. Now, when can I schedule it?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have just been introduced to All creatures. So loving it! May you find time to schedule in #5.

Theresa Coleman said...

If you find out how to schedule it, let me know. Maybe you can bottle it up and make a fortune???

Unknown said...

mmm I think you need to schedule that day soon real soon. I'll stop by for the cookies and tea.