Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday 5: Voting

Seems a little early to do a meme about voting but, I'll go with it!
November 7th is coming, get ready! Get out your Tidesticks - the mudslinging has already begun!

1) How old were you when you voted for the first time?
21. Although I voted for Mondale in a school election.

2) What was the contest at the top of the ballot?
I was in North Carolina at college and I did an absentee ballot so I could vote in my district in good old PA. We elected a president that year too.

3) Can you walk to your polling place?
Yeah! And its so much better than the last place I voted, less people. Wait a minute, that's not a good thing is it?

4) Have you ever run for public office?
No. I have toyed with it but, I am a naive softie and would like to stay that way. Hubby's dad is running for city council in small town GA. So, we're involved a bit. Hubby wrote a press release for him just the other day.

5) Have you run for office in a club or school or on a board?
I ran for student rep to the school board while in High School, but it was a half-hearted attempt. There's funny story about it though. Apparently everyone thought my dad was one of the men on the school board because we had the same, rather obscure name. If we're related, its really far back but I probably got as far as I did in the race, based on that alone. Name recognition, its important!

No comments: