Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Diversions

Not the family! I know you were thinking that! No this is just a rundown of whats keeping me running at the moment. No wonder my house is always a pit.

Books:
Freaks of the storm : from flying cows to stealing thunder, the world's strangest true weather stories / Randy Cerveny.
This book tackles the bizarre more than the tragic.
Losing Moses on the Freeway: The 10 Commandments in America / Chris Hedges
Church Book club selection and very interesting.
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane / Kate DiCamillo
Children's book, highly recommended to me by several librarians that think it'll be on the Newbery shortlist. Strongly reminiscent of Hitty: Her First Hundred Years. I'm half-way through (on disc) and I'm still not sure I like it.

Music:
The Wedding Singer Soundtrack
Hey, I never said I had great taste, and most of this is singable and upbeat. And My ipod needs recharging.

Movie:
Finally watched Kinky Boots. Its a british import I got on netflix. New company head trying to drag a "brown shoe" company into the black, by making footwear for drag queens. Darker than you would think, and more "real". Completely enjoyable and apparently based on a true story!

TV:
LOST. I hate this show. They never tell you anything, it gets more and more confusing, the characters aren't all that likeable and I still want to know whats going on. Sigh.
But tonight at 10 is my recent favorite. Its another british import - Hustle on AMC. Its a little like Oceans' 11 in that there's a very tricky con game going on and everyone is very cool.

Also I am knitting my yearly scarf. Its lime green.

1 comment:

hip2b said...

Hustle was preempted by some movie...argh