Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Vocations or What I've learned...

(I apologize for being so late...internet probs)

Someone once said that "If you want to make God laugh, show him your plan."
I've always been one to plan. I love lists and datebooks. I'd have made a much better farmer than a hunter/gatherer. And things rarely go the way we plan. And still we make them. Its part of our world, our culture, our nature...especially mine.

The past week has been one of unplanned reflection for me. Looking back over where I've been and how I got here, particularly in relation to God and religion. Reflection is good for me...I usually go go go. I've had the opportunity here to see connections I had misssed before...how coincidence and happenstance have lead me on a path that grows closer to God.
But its not really coincidence is it?

God has put obstacles and angels in my way. Obstacles to trip over and angels to pick me up. These angels are just ordinary people, who have meant the world to me and they may not know it. I didn't realize what some of them were until recently. Some were teachers, nurses, roommates, aunts, friends and but many were relative strangers.

God is making a path for me...its not ordained ministry. But its ministry. Its librarianship, its mother, wife, pastor's wife, citizen and friend. And maybe I can be an angel for someone else.

1 comment:

"imagine the darkness in love with the light." said...

yes...and you probaly have been and just not been told yet. and you probaly will contuine to be one for many more people. the ones you never expected to an angel for.