Monday, August 28, 2006

Aren't women great?

My mom and sister came tonight to celebrate my birthday (last week) along with Hubby Flash and my nephew. We just went out to dinner and then to the playground...but the chatting was the best part. It was wonderful. My female boss let me off a couple hours early saying " your mom is in town...go home". Isn't that great? Do you think she could sense home much I needed it?
I've scheduled coffee with a neighbor and lunch with a former co-worker this week. Just to talk! Isn't it funny how we crave the company of women sometimes? How we just need sisters and girlfriends to share with? Not about the boys or makeup like during middle-school sleepovers so much, but about the things that make up our lives as grown-up women.
Last night was Church Book Club and it was just us ladies talking about the book. One of them read from a book called The Sister... for which I cannot find a reference. But there was a great line in it where God has created a sister for Eve and Eve asks what she is.

"What is she? Eve asks.
"She's a sister, she's a little like something I was going to make later on, called a friend" says God
"What's a friend?" asks Eve
"Its a little like a sister, but not quite as good" says God

Sisters and girlfriends are GOOD! This is a shoutout to my sister, my steps and in-laws, my lady friends who have moved on, those whom I've lost contact with, those I see all the time and and those that I am only coming to know. Aren't women great?!

1 comment:

"imagine the darkness in love with the light." said...

yes they are and it is always a great thing to just talk to them.