Thursday, August 03, 2006

Book Tag

This could be dangerous for me but here goes...
Rambling About Books...
1. One book that changed your life: Man's Search for Meaning - Victor Frankel and Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People are high on my list. As for fiction...ummm...
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Watership Down - Adams, Cat Among the Pigeons- Agatha Christie. I read a lot of books repeatedly, but these two stood out.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: That yellow survival Guide book, whats it called? Oh and that book my sister has that could basically tell you how to set up civilisation if you needed to start from scratch (kind of a hippie title...out of print). But to read?
4. One book that made you laugh: anything by Dave Barry, Carl Hiaissen or Christopher Buckley.
5. One book that made you cry: Karen, Diary of a Young Girl but I try to avoid sad books.
6. One book that you wish had been written: hmmm. I'm always coming across topics that a kid wants to know about, but that we either don't have the book or its impossible to get. Can't think of one of those right now, of course.
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Ha! You're not gonna trap me with that one!
8. One book you’re currently reading: Girl Sleuth about the women who wrote Nancy Drew and The Owl and Moon Cafe. Just finished a book called Lucy's Laundrette. My Summer Reading plan isn't going well, can you tell?
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: All of them! The Maltese Falcon - Hammett has been on my list for a few years.
Ask me tomorrow and I bet I'll have totally different answers...so i'm not sure this will be helpful to anyone.
Oh well.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Did I inspire this? Woot! I heart books.

Yellow survival book = worst case scenario?

Sally said...

wow- everyone is doing this meme, it is great to read what excites and inspires us all