Sunday, August 13, 2006

Family, Anger and Peace

Our pastor's sermon was about anger today. About letting it go, letting the Holy spirit take it away, not letting it turn into sin or giving the Devil room to play. And although I joked with my hubby about our arguement last night about housework (naturally), I was really thinking about my sister and my Dad.

They don't talk, they don't understand each other and most of the time they don't care. Its an old, old hurt that has been reinforced several times. Its not abuse. Its just....I don't know. Right now he wants to reconnect, see his grandson, and she is beyond it. I can't blame her.

I love him. Can't help it, he's my Dad and I do. I love her too. I kind of wish she'd forgive and forget and magically remain stupid enough to think that he won't bring it up again. I wish he'd change his tactics...and leave her alone...out of love. Weird, huh?

I've prayed for this situation to iron itself out but I'm realizing that its been a selfish prayer. I want then to stop talking to me about it. Several years ago I was in a similar situation and I had to ask someone I love that when I talked to her I wanted to talk only about my life and her life only...because it was too hard to talk about the other party (and that maybe if they wanted to talk about the other person, they should talk to that person, or to a counselor). Looks like I'm going to have to have that conversation again. Come on Holy Spirit!

No comments: