Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Monday's Bible study

My Bible study group met last night. Since many blogs that I read post sermon ideas, outlines and such, I figured I'd share my lesson , especially because I liked it so much. The idea came from Planting trust, knowing peace : trust grows as you embrace the Father's love by Denise George. (Zondervan, c2005.) This devotional study is aimed at women whose imperfect relationships with their imperfect human fathers, makes trusting God the father difficult.
My lesson was about beauty, though. It has been so completely beautiful here in the Northeast in the past few days. Blue Skies, mild weather, flowers blooming and birds chirping.
Even if it hasn't been weather-beautiful in your neck-of-the-woods, think about beauty.
Reread Ecclesiastes 3:9-14, but especially verse 11.
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end".
Reflect on the god-given beauty in your life...not just the world, not just appearances, but relationships too.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I had to come by your blog and say hello and thanks for stopping into mine!

I scrolled down to this post and find it exceptionally interesting that the book by Denise George is so poignant in my life right now. I have just put it on order! It looks like an amazing read.

God is soooooo good to bring people across your path that share about what He is doing in their life and subsequently end up blessing you unintentionally.

Very good stuff.

PS. I am trying those hamburgers. YUM!