Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Clergy Spouse fallout (or part 2)

Next year I am leading the Seminary Spouse group.
This group always falters because we are so fragmented...those who work, those without kids, second-career, stay-at-homes, men (yeah, more than you'd think) , city people, country bumpkins, traditionalists, evangelicals, brought-up-christian, and struck-by-the-thunderbolt types. In short, we're everyone you've ever met. Just like church, we are united by God and location. But with a timetable of three years.

After this weekend's brunch, I am more convinced that our group needs mission and permanence. Possibly something supported by the school. Maybe a retreat, a prayer meeting, a speaker? or...I just don't know what. Or maybe I'm wrong and the reason this group falters is because, it isn't as necessary as I think.

No comments: