Monday, April 03, 2006

Girl's Night In

One thing about seminary, or maybe children, or both...I have more true female friends here than I've ever had. Please don't say "Awww". I've had friends and I have friends, but not like this...not since high school!
Last night was a friends' birthday and after a dinner-with-everyone-in-the-world, several of us held court and had some frank Girl Talk! It was so nice to just chat like that, over a drink, whatever we wanted to say and the boys and kids were...elsewhere. We talked about doing it again next week. I hope so.
Tonight is my Bible Study night and it is similar... but it will be a little tamer than last night's group...more serious and heartfelt, sharing joys and sorrows. Tea instead of wine. Still nice though.
Last Nights group...I am the only one who will be here next year. Tonight's... 3 are leaving. Great for them, hooray for them! New adventures, yee-hah! But, I'm kinda misty about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate is the best blogger EVER! Hooray for the Hens' Roost! Next year you can be the presider and welcome all the newbies to our world of wild drunken galvanting.