Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Clergy Spouse Support Group

This past weekend I attended a Clergy Spouse Spring Brunch.
They had invited the our group for which I am very grateful. How wonderful to be able to share our fears with these ladies who have advice and comfort and have made us one of their missions!
Although...on Saturday it was not much comfort. And instead of walking away refreshed and excited, as I had hoped, I came away somewhat worried. Not so much for myself. I was disappointed for some of the ladies who are heading out to their family's first call. They needed support. I am worried for some of the ladies who are new and newly married. They needed a pep talk. We got some advice, some warnings and we heard about some pretty miserable situations.

Clearly a Clergy Spouse group is a very good idea though. If you don't have one...make one. If you are in a small town, call up the other churches and invite the spouses over for tea and tears. Make a support group for yourself of people that get it and that you feel comfortable sharing your warts with.
Figurative warts of course.
I urge everyone that reads this to pray for your pastor's spouse tonight.

No comments: