Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Power

Flash woke up this morning and crept into bed with us.
He immediately started in about how he's grown last night,
and his super strength had gotten more strong too.

Occasionally I worry about his certainty about his superpowers, but I figure he's 4.
The other day he thought he had a developed a new power: the ability to control cars. Apparently he wanted a red car to park at the neighbors house and it did.
Not a power I want him to have, mind you.
Just think of how a 4 year old would use that?

Eventually he decided that maybe his power is about colors.
It was a red car after all.
I was wearing a teal colored shirt and he brightened it for me.
Thats the new power, he can make colors brighter.
So, naturally, yesterday we painted.
Well, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

Terri said...

He's 4 is absolutely right...it's all fine. And I love the super power to brighten colors....could be really wonderful on a drab winter day...