Friday, July 04, 2008

Friday 4th!

So lets have a bit of fun:

1. Barbeque's or picnics ( or are they essentially the same thing?)
Cookout. I imagine we'll do hot dogs, beans and salad
...if I get ambitious I'll make potato salad,
but I'm the only one who really likes it.
We're on our own for this celebration which is sad.

2. The park/ the lake/ the beach or staying at home simply being?
Home! Fireworks at the High school tonight.
Hubby had a really late meeting last night so we're laying low today.
Most of the folks we know will have family obligations today.

3. Fireworks- love 'em or hate 'em?
LOVE THEM!

4. Parades- have you ever taken part- share a memory...
LOVE THEM! and yes our church is having a float in the parade tomorrow morning!
I'll post a picture tomorrow of Sunday.

5. Time for a musical interlude- if you could sum up holidays in a piece of music what would it be?
Hmmm...
Summertime - Will Smith- a favorite summertime song for me.
Not particularly right for the 4th though.
God Bless America as sung by Kate Smith is perfect though.
I grew up a Flyers fan and they always played that version of the song at the games
...so it feels wintery to me.

Happy Independence Day. Let freedom ring!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Not only are we on our own too....but my husband is working - had to be there at 5AM this morning and 4:30AM tomorrow...sigh...so, I've cleaned the house and done a lot of blogging....

enjoy the day and the fireworks!