Friday, July 11, 2008

Camping Friday5

1. Did you go to sleep away camp, or day camp, as a child? Wish you could? Or sometimes wish you hadn't?
I did and although I have great memories of it
...it was only a week and I was terribly homesick and culture shocked.
I will however send my kids to camp...I think I'll prepare them better.

2. How about camping out? Dream vacation, nightmare, or somewhere in between?
Oh, yeah. I was a girl scout for far longer than was cool ad we went camping a lot.

3. Have you ever worked as a camp counselor,
or been to a camp for your denomination for either work or pleasure?
Nope.

4. Most dramatic memory of camp, or camping out?
My friend Barb got a really bad bug bite on her eyelid
while we were camping at Chincoteague.
Her whole eye just blew up. I remember that more vividly than the horses.
I think we were middle schoolers.
She works in outdoor education now, I wonder if she remembers.

5. What is your favorite camp song or songs?
Bonus points if you link to a recording or video.
Ah no bonus points for me.
Other girl scouting friends always used to sing this song about a lost cat
...but I never picked up the words.

On another note...
We could use some non-specific prayer, if you don't mind.
Thanks.

4 comments:

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Non-specific prayers on the way. Thanks for playing.

Mary Beth said...

Praying, generally.

Chincoteague! how cool!

Auntie Knickers said...

Non-specific prayers from here too.
My husband went to Wallops Island once (near Assateague and Chincoteague) on a course for work. Fell and cut his hand on an oyster shell. Dangerous places! But beautiful, I hear.

Terri said...

I was a girl scout for a long time too...and went to girl scout camp....LOVED it...but don't remember a camp song about a cat...of course I went to camp in 1968 or 1969....when I was 11 or 12...(see, I'm old)...

BUT my daughter went to camp for MANY years - loved it...however our son went once (and I was there too as the chaplain)...he hated it...so, you never know....