Friday, July 18, 2008

A Blog-related Friday5

  1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog? Well it was originally a book blog (bookladykate) until lifw changed! My husband was called, and I met up with the revgals, so it needed a new name for the new life. Then it was hipastorzwife2b. This name reflected the angst about frumpiness I associated with being a pastor's wife (hence the hip and the z and the 2b) After a while it chafed a little and now I am a pastor's wife so its just Hip2b now. There's also far too much Huey Lewis and the News on my Ipod
  2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there? Hubby was easy. I don't call him that in real life and it gets the point across. I'll ask if he'd like something else. Flash, my 4 year old son, has been a speedy little booger since he was small and now that he thinks he's a superhero...its very appropriate. New Baby will have to earn a name...currently I'm toying with Tiny. The hard thing is remembering the nicknames of peripheral characters.
  3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun?I'm sure there are tons that I can't think of right now. Hubby actually reads more blogs than I do, mostly milblogs and some political ones. I read a few library and book ones and then the revgals of course.
  4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals of course! Hipchickmama (who's name has changed), a friend from seminary's which is sort of a private blog, Rev Abi, Songbird and Mompriest are on my regular check list. Flash thinks the computer exists for him to play Ben10 games on. He actually asked me the other day if he could take Daddy's computer when he got married to (oh dear what did I nickname her?) Twonames and moved away, because all his Ben10 games are in it.
  5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why? I don't know! I may have just read about it in School Library Journal or from a colleague and decided to try it out. Remember, originally a bookblog. It was haphazard from the start, but I've come to regard my blog as a sort of open diary of sorts.
Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks? I met Kate the photographer at the seminary she and my husband attended. She's the only one...so far.

Bookblogging:
Let's face it I haven't recommended a book in a long time. So here:
Savvy
by Ingrid Law
Its a teen novel, OK preteen really, about a girl whose family all demonstrate miraculous powers that wreck havoc on their lives. Your power turns up on your 13th birthday in its wildest form and you spend several years taming it. On Mibs' 13th birthday her father is in a terrible car accident miles away and she and some others try to reach him, while her power begin to show itself. Excellent and I haven't quite finished it and I forgot to pack it! So, I'll finish it when we get back in a week or so.

11 comments:

Sally said...

good play, and thanks for the book recomendation :-)

Anonymous said...

Great play, and that book sounds like a fun read - off to amazon to wishlist it!

Have a great weekend,
warriormare

Auntie Knickers said...

Great play, and book sounds good -- I've recently begun reading some "children's" books again due to RGBP book discussion of Edward Tulane, why did I ever stop?

RevHRod said...

I love tween novels! Thanks for the review. Great play and I have always loved Flash's nickname. I can almost seem him in his super hero cape. ;-)

revhipchick said...

thanks for the book reccomendation! it sounds like one my girls and i will love! i always look forward to your book suggestions!

last week i just finished "a tree growns in brooklyn" (loved it) and there is a great story about the girl going to the librarian and asking for a reccomendation--the librarian never even looks up and offeres the same book (over many years!). i'm so glad that YOU are not one of those librarians!

i'm with revhrod--flash is an awesome name!

huey lewis is by far one of the funnest rockers ever around! ;)

chartreuseova said...

I loved reading how your blog name evolved. The first time I read your blog it was still hipastorzwife2b, and I thought you lived in Hawaii.

Jan said...

Learning about your blog name was fun. I am always impressed with people who can think of cool names, like you--as I have little imagination.

Unknown said...

I like the name. Very savvy.

Kate said...

You did meet me, then I very delinquently never hung out with you at all while I had the chance. Hmph...I'm an idiot.

Btw, this has nothing to do with your post, but my word verification is "oufed" and it looks very much like a real word to me...

Terri said...

Hey Hip, I have no idea how or when I stumbled upon your blog, nearly two years ago....but I know that like you I do not want to live into the frumpy stereotype of clergy-person or related clergy-person...so, I think that's what stuck, at first...then of course there's all the other stuff I can relate too...It's been a delight to read your blog and come to "know" you...

Unknown said...

I like the sounds of that book, too. You are clearly hip, and I'm so glad you found RGBP!