Friday, June 20, 2008

Wordy Friday5

This post is loosely based on previous "wordy" Friday Fives from Reverend Mother and Songbird. Theirs were based on words from a lectionary text. Mine comes from the Lovin' Spoonful song, "Summer in the City."

Below you will find five words or phrases. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem, a memory, a recipe, or a story. You get the idea:

1. rooftop
Santa Claus...You know Up on the ummm housetop...hmmm.

2. gritty
Tang, the beverage of astronauts and also a good dishwasher cleaner.

3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words)
Hotlanta! No wait Death Valley! Thats also two words.
Not my town because it hasn't been too hot and we don't exactly have nightlife here .

4. night
sleep...why am I still awake? YAWN

5. dance
the night away! Boogie-oogie-oogie til you just can't boogie no moe!
I'm a huge fan of the So You think You can Dance show.
Even Flash watches sometimes...when his mom lets him stay up late.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh, yes, I too like, So You Think You Can Dance....I didn't have a chance to play today...