Friday, June 13, 2008

Beachy Friday5

So in honor of summer, please share your own beachy memories, plans, and dreams with a "Beach Trip" Friday Five.

1. Ocean rocks, lake limps? Vice versa? Or "it's all beautiful in its own way"?
So long as the beach is sandy its alright by me, although I do like to be able to hear a conversation so calmer seas for me.

2. Year round beach living: Heaven...or the Other Place?
Sounds like heaven to me, but I've never tried it. I think lake-front might be more my speed though.

3. Any beach plans for this summer?
Does "Indiana Beach" count? It looks like we may get to visit my folks in Cape Cod for a few days and my Dad, overnight, on the Chesapeake (no beach, but water!)

4. Best beach memory ever?
I have so many nice beach memories. Hubby and I honeymooned at the GA coast in January, SC beach with my Dad and sister, MD beaches with Auntie Peg, Wildwood NJ with my high school Girl Scout pals, Brigantine NJ with Mom and sister and Mom's friend Elaine.
It was nice to be less than 3 hours from the beach...and many other things too, growing up near Philly.

5. Fantasy beach trip?
I have a friend whose been to the Greek Islands and says they're just magnificent. But I'd love to go back to Bald head Island NC for about three weeks...for free. With family members and friends dropping in all the time.

Bonus: Share a piece of music/poetry/film/book that expresses something about what the beach means to you.
Point Break with Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves...
No wait...
Jaws
no...
Beach Blanket Bingo.
uh huh.

4 comments:

Sally said...

wonderful play, hope you get that fantasy beach trip one day :-)

hip2b said...

You know this was really good for me...I'm having an off day.

Auntie Knickers said...

If by "Indiana Beach" you mean indiana Dunes National Seashore, I'd say it definitely counts.

Jan said...

Going to the Greek Islands would be beautiful and inspirational. Wow--I hadn't thought of that.