Monday, June 02, 2008

Summer meme


Mompriest has tagged me to play a meme. So, Here we go!

1.) What first tells you that Summer is here?
Heat? Crickets and frogs? I tend to run out of cocoa powder around May...
No, its probably the daylight.
We are at the western edge of the eastern time zone,
which means that we stay light really late here.
Soon it will be almost 10 when the sunsets.

2.) Name five of your favorite distinctively Summer habits or customs.
Breakout the cookouts! The sandals!

3.) What is your favorite smell of Summer?
Corn!
and sunscreen reminds me of the beach.
Flash said it a few weeks ago " I smell like Cape Cod!"

4.) What is your favorite taste of Summer?
Iced coffee, sweet enough to be melted coffee ice cream.
Corn
Tomatoes
Watermelon
Hot dogs...such a challenge now that I'm pregnant during another summer hot dog season. Pregnant women aren't supposed to eat hot dogs because of Nitrates. Sigh.

5.) Favorite Summer memory?....pick two:
Childhood trip to Tennesee with family.
Camp. I hope Flash will get to go to camp.
Oh and the Olympics!

6.) Extreme heat or extreme cold? Which would you choose and why?
Um neither. Hubby is hot natured and makes it too cold but I am not built for heat either.

7.) What books do you plan to read for the season?
My county is reading Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver this summer.
Also the new Janet Evanovitch and the new Rick Riordan "New Olympians" novel.
Otherwise I think I'll be reading to get up to date for the new job.

8.) How does the Summer affect your faith? Is it a hindrance or an ally?
Um, I don't think it has any affect really.
I love the relaxed atmosphere of summer church.
But I haven't really experienced summer church here yet.


At our church in New Jersey,
we were asked to submit our favorite hymns to be sung during the summer.
They'd try to find it and we'd sing it. Loved that.
I've tried to get Hubby to do that here, but he says this isn't the summer for it.
Too much change at once and all that...

So...If you read all this, tell me, what one hymn would you submit?
I often pick I Danced in the Morning, Earth and All Stars or I sing a Song of the Saints of God.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh, gosh...I like so many hymns...This is the day that God has made is one of my fav's...good play!