Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dog Oddities

Simba is 9.
Max is 7.
This is my third pregnancy.
and we've gotten to the point in the pregnancy
where I have acquired my Dog Honor Guard.

They say dogs can tell when a woman is pregnant.
Perhaps she smells differently.
At any rate, Simba especially has started to guard me a little bit more when I am in the house.
He sits by me, he is a furry bathmat for me while I take my shower
and generally is following me around even when its not time for food.
Max is also paying more attention to me.
Its just noticeable this week, and if history holds,
they'll be more and more attentive as time goes on.
My Dog Honor Guard.

2 comments:

Terri said...

that's great. I don't remember my dog being particularly guarding during my pregnancy...but she was a special dog, a stray that we took in, a sweet dog who had clearly been abused...so, maybe her guard instincts were off...anyway, yay dogs!!!

glad its all going well and hope you continue to feel well.

My daugher arrives this week with Ryan...haven't seen daughter since March, haven't seen Ryan since Oct....so, excited!

GEB said...

Good for Simba! Bismarck did this last time, too, though I don't think he has started yet this time around. Last time he was not only more protective, but he would nose my pajamas out of the laundry or off the bed when I was away and would curl up with them. !