Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Science Camp for grown-ups

I am taking a grad school class to get some credits to complete my license.
If You have to take classes, might as well take something fun, right?
So I'm taking a science class for teachers, a the Children's Museum.
Three days
Such a great class!
How I'm going to use this stuff as a school librarian? No idea.
Although, I need to figure that out
because in order to get the two graduate credits,
I need to write up a unit plan or something about how I'll use this information. Hmmm.

Yesterday I learned about displacement and mass
and that Diet Coke in a can floats!
Regular Coke sinks.

Today we spent the day at a summer camp to learn about nature and wildlife.
And we caught things in the creek.
I brought home a crayfish (or crawfish, or crawdad, or mudbug)
Flas is calling him Silly.

1 comment:

Terri said...

diet coke floats but regular sinks? why? Is the difference between sugar and aspartame that great in weight? yeesh...sounds like a fun class, hope you come up with a class plan (I'm sure you will)...