Saturday, May 13, 2006

Pomp and Circumstances

Its graduation time here at the seminary. Since the space where they hold it is so small, each student only gets 4 tickets. Thats a spouse, two parents and a child, but what about siblings, mentors, and grandparents? There's a quite a market, naturally. And who wants to bring their child at the cost of that golden ticket? They'd only be miserable. Has anyone ever been to a really fun, interesting graduation?

The best one I ever went to was my own undergrad graduation. After 20 mnutes of sitting and listening, a huge thunderstorm blew in and everyone ran for cover. The Chancellor announced over the loudspeaker "I hereby confer upon you the degree which you have earned" and took off running. We were still there, sopping wet and windblown because my friend said she wasn't leaving until someone said she'd graduated.

Anyhow, Hubby is babysitting for about 5 neighbor kids whose parents are at graduation (2:30-6:30). Whew! He's got 9, 6 and 4 year-old boys and two six year-old girls and Flash, of course, who is 2. Thank goodness it is beautiful outside so he can let them loose at the playground. And we have the Incredibles and Shrek on DVD. Did I mention that I'm at work until 5 p.m.?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I've got you on the membership queue for RevGalBlogPals. Do you need some help putting the code on your blog? Once you have it, we can move you to the members list and add you to the blogroll. Shoot me an e-mail(revsongbird@gmail.com) if you need any technical support!