Saturday, May 13, 2006

3 parts of Prayer

I don't know where this came from, but its been in my head since I was a kid.

Prayers have three parts - apologies, requests and thanks.

Its been part of my prayer life since I was a kid. Is it "correct". Does anyone else know this? Is this one of those things I learned in CCD that are floating around in my brain? Or is it from somewhere else?

I've never even thought twice about it, until I read this post at Micahgirl.
http://micahgirl.blogspot.com/2006/05/flee-to-desert.html
Thanks Micahgirl.

3 comments:

WeavingLibrarian said...

I always heard ut as ACT

Adoration
Confessions
Thanks

Whatever works for the pray-er, I would say

weavinglibrarian@hotmail.com

MicahGirl said...

Thanks for linking to my post. It's always interesting to see what posts people respond to.

I think prayer is a lifelong journey and I am always seeking to learn new things from God. I know I will not achieve perfection on earth.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of variation of what "weaving" said above. I think of prayer as talking and listening to God. I loved Richard Foster's book on prayer and also Ole Hallesby's book on prayer.