Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday5: Birthdays

The revgalblogpal's suggestion/game/meme for today is about birthdays.

Favorite birthday cake/ice cream/dessert
In my family-of-origin ice cream cake was the thing. We still have them on all festive occasions. No really, all of them. My husband thinks its funny.
I love lemon cakes and pies. One year I got myself a lovely lemon cake with rasberry filling from a shop that did mostly wedding cakes. Very nice. One year I made myself a spice cake with cream cheese icing and put it in my glass pie stand, and when I came home, the dogs had smashed it and eaten the cake. Whose birthday did they think it was anyway?

Surprise Parties -- have you ever given or received one?
I don't think I've ever received one but I have been"in" on several unsuccessful surprise parties. They always know, don't they?

Favorite birthday present
I once got tickets to a show! What a great present! I completely enjoyed it from opening the present to the anticipation of the show to the actual event and then the great stories afterwards!

What do you think of those candles that won't blow out?
They can be fun, especially if the partiers are casual about it and ummm....its not your birthday!

Best. birthday. ever.
I don't know but I almost always like my birthday. I try to take the day off of work and I figure every year God gives you is a blessing.

Have a wonderful birthday whenever yours is!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, those dogs!
We once had a cat lick the frosting on top of a child's birthday cake--so disappointing!