Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Biblical Baby Boom

My neighborhood is always having a baby boom it seems. It may just be that many of us in seminary are at the right time in our lives to start our family but my-oh-my are there a lot of little ones around.

Of course there seems to be a baby boom in the entertainment industry and I will admit here that I read FAR TOO MANY gossip columns and entertainment magazines. This is why I know that Angelina Jolie, Gwen Stefani and Mira Sorvino had their babies this weekend. And much has been said about the birth of Gwynth Paltrow's new son Moses, a while back. Angelina named her new baby girl Shiloh.

Biblical names have come around again, sort of. Our forebears were named Martha, Ruth, Joseph and Ezekiel. Then came the Matthews, Michaels and Mary-somethings. Then the Bethanys. Five years ago there was a new crop of Hannahs and Noahs.
And now the Gideons, Moses', Selahs, Judahs and Shilohs are here.

Who needs a baby name book? Just break out your Bible!

2 comments:

Sally said...

what wonderful names- you've made me think, I might just write a post on how my twins got their names...

Anonymous said...

Raise the roof for Bethanys!!!

-Bethany :-)