Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Booksuggestions

When I started this blog the tagline was "Life reflections and Book Recommendations".
It has been months since I even mentioned a book, so let me make up for lost time.
On my desk...

Now You See It
by Vivian Vande Velde
Young Adult fantasy about a girl who finds a pair of glasses that allow her to see things as they really are and things that aren't or shouldn't be. There are elves, portals and mischief makers as well as her Grandmother as a teen. So far, so GREAT!

The Messies Manual: A Complete Guide to bringing order and beauty to your home
by Sandra Felton
So, my house is a messy pit, I can't find much and its getting worse each day. Except that last night I guzzled a Diet Coke and set to work on it. I am working late tonight so possibly, probably, my efforts, however meager, have been in vain. Let's hope Hubby and Flash have been neat. (cross fingers!). This book has some great suggestions that I will probably lose.

Here Lies the Librarian
by Richard Peck
Written by the amazing author of Long Way from Chicago and A Year down Yonder and the Blossom Culp books. Enough Said!

Ark Angel: The sixth Alex Rider book
by Anthony Horowitz
What if MI5 recruited an amazing 15 year-old boy to be a spy? I have been tearing into these books since February and I am so sorry that I was late-to-the-party!

Gilead
by Marilynn Robinson
I am reading this for Church Bookclub and it won the Pulitzer in 2005. Here's a snippet from the Library Journal review "As his life winds down, Rev. John Ames relates the story of his own father and grandfather, both preachers but one a pacifist and one a gun-toting abolitionist. " Not my usual fare and it has to be finished soon!

Do you know how many books you have out from your library right now? Although many (40+) are for Storytime for the next month, I have out 64 books.
And yes, I am proud of that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay books! You're not the only one proud of their ridiculous amounts of check-outs. In college once a mentor of mine told me I won a library user-of-the-month award for most checkouts. I was ecstatic. Well, until he told me it was a joke. :D

Just finished Things Not Seen by Andrew Clements. AWESOME book. Not your regular Frindle fair.