Saturday, December 01, 2007

Bedtime stuff

OK I know he's three and really tired...
but its bad when the pastor's boy starts insisting that Jesus was a girl, right?

And he's decided that everyone we know should get their very own magic eraser sponge for Christmas from us. Because they are fun, and magic and he doesn't want to share his.

Pancake breakfast was delicious. Hubby had a funeral, which went fine (his first) and a prayer to give at the dedication and lighting of a special Cancer victim tree. And then, the parade which was thankfully only a half-hour long, My blood needs to thicken some I think, cause it was bitter cold and threatening snow. We only got some freezing rain. So far.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Well, Jesus did describe himself as a hen who wants to gather the chicks under her wings...think of it as metaphorical, Yes Jesus was a man BUT he speaks to the human being in all of us...???

Ok admittedly abstract for a 3-1/2 year old, but he's already sort of there?

Sorry it was so cold for the parade...we need to learn how to buy and wear really good winter clothing...

hip2b said...

Wow you are right on there.
It freaked me out when Hubby talked about God as our father and mother...but I'm used to it now.
And I can understand how comforting that can be to someone with poor father relationship.

And yes I need a new coat.
Christmas is coming!

Terri said...

seminary has a way of doing that to all of us, that inclusive language/thought stuff...my husband has had a learning curve too...sigh...

A new coat, eh? Do you need fashionable or functional? I use both...but my fashionable coat is now 20 years old (seriously, cost me $500.00 20 years ago, back when I could afford that kind of money)...but it is still the best coat I have! and "stylish"...so, shop wise, who knows it may last you a loooong time!