Monday, December 17, 2007

Snow Day 2

Its our second snow day. We got about 8 inches but it drifts. About 25 degrees outside. Hubby went to the church and took the more reliable car so we are semi-officially "snowed in". Scoobydoo and Tom&Jerry seem to be our pals for the day. Flash is also entering the second week of wearing only the Dash Incredible PJs. On a few occasions he's worn a "disguise" on top of them. And yes they've been washed, but he practically sat by the laundry machines waiting for them.

Making some apple butter for gifts, so the house smells fantastic. I made pizzelles over the weekend, but ran out of eggs. And soon we'll run out of the pizzelles we made!

If you don't know Pizzelles they are a wonderful flat cookie, a bit like a ice cream waffle cone. My mother had a dear friend, Elaine, who would have my sister and I over for an afternoon of cookie baking with her some Saturday in December. I think that was my mother's Christmas shopping or wrapping day. Elaine always made hers lemon and anise flavored. Mine are orange flavored. Hubby bought me my own pizzelle iron for Christmas a few years back. I'll start on another batch tonight, when Hubby brings home more eggs. My recipe has 9 eggs!

Oh and tonight is the first episode of Clash of the Choirs. I'll report on that tomorrow.

1 comment:

revhipchick said...

pizelles are so very pretty--i don't think i've ever actually eaten one. weird.

tag--will you please come out and play? "7 random things about me" meme?