Friday, November 30, 2007

A Very Grumpy Friday 5

Please tell us your least favorite/most annoying seasonal....
1) dessert/cookie/family food
Now to say fruitcake would be redundant, right?
Used to live near Claxton GA and my step-grandmother Nanny used to make fantastic fruitcake so, I'll be kind about it.
One cup of 'nog is enough for me...per season.

2) beverage (seasonal beer, eggnog w/ way too much egg and not enough nog, etc...)
oops, answered the nog question too early!

3) tradition (church, family, other)
Hmmm. I've tried to get rid of some over the years
so we're a little scaled back...except for the kid stuff.
Tomorrow is the town Christmas parade,
following the Lions annual Pancake breakfast.
I am told theres a Santa's toyshop thing in between too.
But, Hubby has a funeral so I'm not sure what we'll do.
Several folks have said that they always get their tree after the parade
...but I think we're going to wait on that...the day already feels so full.

4) decoration
LOVE love love decorations on other people's lawns.
Yes, they are tacky and use too much energy
but they aren't on my lawn...is that like NIMBY?
Don't like the styrofoam advent wreathes. angels made from toilet paper tubes, etc etc.

Our nativity set has already been thoroughly played with.
I am not sure all of the kings will return. They had capes...so...um... they can fly, you see.

5) gift (received or given)
Least favorite right?
OK plants.
My mom will ooh and ahh over a plant and feel thrilled by the gift of one (hmmm...gift idea!),
but I am terrible with houseplants and will kill them.
No, its true.
Almost nothing worse than giving someone a plant I say. Its like giving a pet.

BONUS: SONG/CD that makes you want to tell the elves where to stick it.
Oh, now I have a great answer for this one.
I am positive Hubby will be looking for the John Denver and the Muppets sing Christmas CD. Usually he's a Bing Crosby Christmas sort of guy...but that John Denver CD...Bah Humbug.

ps...He read this...we's gonna be looking for that CD. Sigh.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I'm not fond of John Denver's music in any way shape or form...

and, I imagine you will find the wise men, in July, perhaps?

Unknown said...

As a lifelong plant killer, I agree completely!

will smama said...

Well played!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

I love the flying magi superheroes!