Saturday, December 08, 2007

Friday5: Preparation

1. You have a busy week, pushing out all time for preparing worship/ Sunday School lessons/ being ready for an important meeting ( or whatever equivalent your profession demands)- how do you cope?
Let's see...a busy stressful week will be hard on the whole family
as I abandon housekeeping tasks and yell at those who don't pick up my slack.
Their compensation will be in frozen pizza and ice cream.
I will need a "time out". .

2. You have unexpected visitors, and need to provide them with a meal- what do you do?
Spaghetti or if I have some time chili.
When we had a grill, we'd do hot dogs or burgers.
Some of you are saying "When you had a grill???"
We left it at seminary and will get another in the spring I hope.
It just won't be Thursady without a cookout,
but as I am relearning, the outside world isn't like seminary.

Three discussion topics:

3. Thinking along the lines of this weeks advent theme; repentance is an important but often neglected aspect of advent preparations.....
Yes this is probably true.
Especially because I've never thought
of repentance as a part of advent and Christmas
...repentance is for Easter, right?

4. Some of the best experiences in life occur when you simply go with the flow.....
Yes, so long as it doesn't get out of hand.
I am not terribly spontaneous, and a bit of a homebody
so the flow doesn't flow far.

5. Details are everything, attention to the small things enables a plan to roll forward smoothly...
Leaves? What leaves? I only see this big forest!
Very much a big picture person, which is unusual for a librarian, frankly.
Yes, details are important, but detail for detail sake is boring.
As someone said "You gotta leave room for the holy spirit."

Bonus if you dare- how well prepared are you for Christmas this year?
Better than many years.
We have our decorations up.
I have most of the shopping done.
No cards sent yet. No packages sent yet.
But its still too early for Flash. He expects Santa every day.
The advent calendar makes little sense to him I think.

No comments: