Sunday, November 09, 2008

Just another Manic Sunday

We had an OK morning at church.
At the request of Hubby and the hints of several church folk
Flash has been attending church. With me.

This is week 3.
My grumbling (and Flash's) aside it has gone...ok.
He has mostly stayed in the pew.
Here and there he's been loud, completely inattentive and distracting/
Mostly he plays with his toys and draws things, talking the whole time.

We circle things in the children's bulletin, during the announcements.
He was happy to sing God Bless America today though,
cuz he knows parts of it from school.
He left after the Passing of the Peace,
during the Bible Verse, and before the Children's sermon.
Not real quiet about it either...sigh.
But this is the way it is. I guess.

Course...soon the baby comes.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I don't get to have kids in church with me often these days...I left them all behind at small church...but I love their little chatter, even while I'm doing my "priestly" stuff....I always say to parents, the kids can't do anything "wrong" so just relax and then if your anxiety does go too high, then step out for a bit but come back....I had one mom who resisted the urge to step out because she didn't want to teach her kids that leaving was the "reward" for being disruptive.....in the end the kids learned and the parish learned too...

I hope your congregation really appreciates flash! really really, 'cuz they ought too!

Anonymous said...

manic Sundays are hard but Jesus had messy church too -and it thrived.

Blessings for the delivery and thanksgiving :)