Saturday, November 01, 2008

Friday5

1) Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?
Drive 40 minutes eating a snack and hoping that no one will need me to do anything when I get home. Blast the radio if I can find something good on, which is very difficult out here in the boonies. Gotta get the ipod working again.

2) Your work week is done and the brain is fried (for some Friday, others Sunday afternoon), what do you do?
Ummm, ditto.

3) Like most of us, I often keep myself busy even while programs are on the tv. I stop to watch The Office and 30 Rock on Thursday nights. Do you have 'stop everything' tv programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments?
I really like to watch House. I have this suspicion that its really a comedy, hidden in a drama.

4) When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny?
Flash came up and squished his nose against mine about three minutes ago and yelled AAAAAHHHH in my face. We both collapsed in giggles. It was good weird fun. I have no idea what was so funny.

5) What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not.
Ummm, I'm a confirmed cheapskate, but I don't cut the guys hair. I buy mostly names-you've- heard-of groceries. I'm not very label concious of clothes...when I buy clothes, which isn't often. I'm kind of a fan of Lands End. Hmmm...this is tough.

Bonus: It's become trite but is also true that we often benefit the most when we give. Go ahead, toot your own horn. When was the last time you gave until it felt good?
Hmmm. Its been longer than it should have been.
Been feeling very "pinchy" this year.
I've taken a lot of things to Goodwill this year though and I do feel good about that.
Flash really enjoys putting a few coins in the freewill offering jar at the back of the sanctuary. The money is going for the Town's Christmas Basket project this time. In August and September it went for school supplies for kids who needed them. Always something local.

No comments: