Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ah a weekend!

Hubby is working on a sermon - Parable of the Talents. Ugh.
Tomorrow church, congregational meeting, baby shower and church soup and sandwich lunch.
I have already gotten the message
that I should leave when the congregational meeting happens
...but I can't go home, cuz they're throwing me a baby shower!

Its been a rough few weeks around here.
Hubby's been out most nights with meetings, hospital visits, funeral etc.
He hasn't had his day off in 3 weeks.
So he's on retreat Mon-Wed. And taking the computer I imagine.
We'll miss him, as we have been...but he needs to retreat.
Seriously.
So a few prayers for him to be able to relax, retreat and unwind wouldn't go amiss.

My test went fine. Flash was able to have some Daddy time today.
Pancakes and Star Wars feature prominently.
This afternoon he packed his backpack for an adventure in the playroom:
marshmallows, a stuffed rabbit and a whistle.
All you need really.
Perhaps we'll pack some of those things for Hubby.

1 comment:

Terri said...

marshmallows, a stuffed rabbit, and a whistle...sounds like fun to me! Hope hubby gets to rest (I know the feeling - and the conflict between rest/family time)....glad the test went well....