Friday, November 07, 2008

Comic Friday5

1. What was your favorite comic strip as a child?
Probably Family Circus or Fred Bassett...I usually understood them.

2. Which comic strip today most consistently tickles your funny bone?
Theres one called Pickles which I like, Rose is Rose, and Red and Rover.
I really liked a comic called Bliss, but the fellow who drew it stopped
and started writing Red and Rover. And Calvin and Hobbes of course.

3. Which Peanuts character is closest to being you?
Ha! Pigpen! No no...um...
Not Lucy, the red-haired girls, Charlie Brown, Linus or Marcie...
I guess that makes me Peppermint Patty, without the sports proficiency.

4. Some say that comic strips have replaced philosophy as a paying job, so to speak. Does this ring true with you?
No, I don't think so. Its more like commentary or punditry. Literature, I guess.

5. What do you think the appeal is for the really long running comic strips like Blondie, Family Circus, Dennis the Menace as some examples?
They're good and accessible! Flash will laugh at them and my step-father will chuckle.
Good for everyone. I think For Better For Worse is reaching that level.

Bonus question: Which discontinued comic strip would you like to see back in print?
Bliss.

Bonus Bonus: Where do you read you comics?
I read them online, because I only take the small town paper, which has no comics.
Hubby used to take the WSJ, also no comics.
When we lived in Atlanta I'd get the paper, but not in NJ and not here.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Online comics! I've never thought of that. You've just given me a new hobby.

Great play, thanks!