Sunday, October 05, 2008

World Communion Sunday

Oh hooray!
What a wonderful service, even if I was wrestling Flash a bit in the back!
The six Presbyterian churches in the county joined together
at the H.S. for a wonderful joint worship service.
Joint choir met a half hour before and sang beautifully (we don't have a choir).
I'd have loved to join but my duties today were parental.
Powerpoint of the service, not our usual style but very accessible.
Fantastic hymns.
The only thing I would have changed
was having a Passing of the Peace to try to get the churches to mix a bit.

Afterwards a big potluck, or here they call it a "carry-in" lunch.
Totally blasted my food plan thingy, but I tried very hard to be good.
Why is everything at a potluck so good, and yet so carb-laden?
Must be the comfort food thing huh?
We'll see how my blood sugar is at the end of the day.

Boy I hope we do it again next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful celebration! i hope that your blood sugar was good.

blessings!