Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Recipe Time and car wash

It was the perfect kind of rain tonight.
Perfect for a car wash!
Hubby was a little worried because Flash has had a sniffle and it was not quite 70 out.
BUT IT WAS FUN!

Our church PW is having a fundraiser early next month.
Its an annual event: a dinner and a bake shop.
So, I'm contributing my recipe for candy mints...
and when I say MY recipe I really mean the grandmother of a friend.

Cream Cheese Party Mints
3 oz cream cheese - soft
1/4 to 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
food coloring as desired
2.5 cups powdered sugar
Little bit of regular sugar

Beat the cream cheese add extract and coloring.
Gradually add sugar.Knead until its like pie dough.
Roll into marble sized balls.
Dip into sugar and press into mold
OR mash them with a fork like peanut butter cookies
Put on wax paper and ideally, let them stand overnight to dry.
Put in airtight containers, with wax paper in between layers
Store in the fridge, or freezer.
Makes 50 or 60 good creamy soft mints.
I could eat the whole batch, yum.

2 comments:

Terri said...

OK, maybe this is what I will make for Christmas presents....sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

my mother-in-law makes those! absolutely wonderful!

hope Flash is feeling better.
peace