Friday, October 24, 2008

Location Friday5

Therefore, tell us about the five favorite places you have lived in your lifetime.
What did you like?
What kind of place was it?
Anything special happen there?

I haven't lived in many places so...here goes.
1. Main Line Philadelphia, PA...
Where I grew up and went to school until college.
My family still lives there, sisters too.
Excellent education, safe neighborhoods.

2. Chapel Hill, NC
The Southern Part of Heaven...it even says so on the sign!
Where I went to college and grad school, met my husband, got married
Great school, great place.

3. Rural South GA
Ha! Got married while Hubby was finishing his first Masters in Rural South GA.
It was a good thing I'd lived in Chapel Hill all those years or I'd have been in total culture shock. Newly married, working a lot, no church, not a lot of friends from these couple of years.
But it was good for Hubby and I to be together and far from family and friends as newlyweds.

4. Hotlanta! We had two residences in Atlanta. The first apartment burned down six months after we moved there. Then we bought a cute little house not far from my library. An hour from my in-laws. Got dogs, got pregnant. Lost one child. Left there after 5 years witha 4 month old bound for seminary.

5. Seminary, NJ. Such community in Married student housing. Hadn't experienced it before and likely, will never again. A little rough with the dogs, I worked a lot, but a wonderful experience.

and NOW...
6. Rural Corn Country. 10 hours from family. A little isolated, ok maybe a lot, but going well. Great schools and community. I found a great job finally, Hubby is rural small town pastor and always busy, Flash enjoys our town, and I'm 8 months pregnant. I think this will be a place I think of fondly down the road...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful play. sorry about your losses in Hotlanta.

glad to hear that where you are now will be fondly remembered (i'm guessing that means you enjoy it now.:)

Anonymous said...

Your current location sounds nice...we've thought about moving out into the middle of the country, but practical considerations keep getting in the way.

Teri said...

i can't believe how many of the revgals have had fires! oh my. the atlanta traumas sound terrible. glad you're enjoying the place you are now.

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Being 10 hours from family is both a blessing and a curse. Hope all goes well in corn country. Enjoyed your play.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

#5 "such community" oh yes it was...I wrote a bit about that too.

Terri said...

oh, a little bit more of your story...thanks for sharing...