Friday, January 25, 2008

Late Friday5: Winter!




1. What is the thermometer reading at your house this morning?
2 below! BRRRR. but strangely gorgeous...blue skies sunshine.

2. Snow—love it or hate it?
Love it. I just can't help loving it.

3. What is winter like where you are?
I am learning that its beautiful, bitter cold
and that the snow is too dry to make any decent snowmen.

4. Do you like winter sports? Any good stories?
I was brought up to be a Philadelphia Flyers fan.
Both my dad and stepdad played ice hockey in school and love the sport.
But after that strike a few years back and no players that I am interested in , I just don't care. But there's college basketball (go Heels) and of course football.
I am really disappointed in the teams for the Superbowl.
Not just that my favorite team, the Eagles,
or my new-hometown team, the Colts didn't make it
...but the Giants and New England makes it an all-northeast game.
Makes it boring for a lot of the country.

In my new town, like many small towns, everyone turns out for the high school basketball games. We'll probably be there tomorrow night.

5. What is your favorite season, and why?
Oh I like Fall. That really seems like the beginning of the year to me.
Crisp air, gorgeous colors, new yarn, football, soups and stews

Bonus: Share a favorite winter pick-me-up. A recipe, an activity, or whatever.
Hmmmm.
Cocoa is always good I think.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Actually, not that we've had it this year, but we do get that heavy wet snow just perfect for snow people...

hip2b said...

Flash asked me today if cocoa is nutritious. Alas no...but its OK because we don't have it everyday.