Thursday, January 24, 2008

Am I smarter than a fifth grader?

Yesterday I played the full-day substitute version!
And it went well.
What a day though, I felt like we were running along all day.
Lots of worksheets, reading and two quizzes because thats what you leave for subs.
Did a little long division review, that was the teaching part I guess.
But it was good to jump in and do something!

I think Hubby was worried I might say, I think maybe I'd like to teach.
But no, not really. Let me sub for a while.

Still waiting to hear from the two interviews I've had.
And waiting to hear about something I applied for. We'll see.
Shopping, cleaning and helping out at the church today.

More folks are finding their way to us for clothing and linens. Hubby had a family in yesterday that were worried for their neighbors who were afraid to get help because they may be asked for ID. We are helping anyone who needs it and you don't have to even give your name. I don't care what your immigration stance is, but isn't it sad that they were worried about little old us!

Max, our younger bigger dog has fully recovered, but he was not better the next day.
With the careful administration of baked chicken and sleeping in a sunbeam he's fine again.

Its gorgeous today. Sunny, big blue sky, powdered sugar coating of snow.
and 5 below. Brrrrrrr.

No comments: