Saturday, June 09, 2007

Update and Friday5

Update:
Visited PA church again. Hubby's phone interview with other church (WV) went well and they invited us to visit at the end of the month. Our housing extension was approved through July. People in our neighborhood are starting to move. A nibble from a church in TN.
Presby paperwork finished!
Sent!
and...sigh...final assessment will happen in August. Did you miss the part where we'll be out of housing at the end of July? I am officially stressed out, and I am so upset with this "process".
It looks like we'll be nomads for a while... I don't see how we'll avoid the contingency plan now.

On a happier note its the Revgal Friday5!

"Perhaps you have had this opportunity to escape, or maybe it's only been a thought to get away. However, suppose you were told to pack some essentials for a trip to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Describe your location, in general or specific terms and...."

No work, beach, cabana, book, incredibly slimming bathing suit (this is fantasy...)

1) What book(s) will you bring?
Little Women? The new Carly Phillips (I got a pre-pub!), the new Janet Evanovitch (I wish) and the new Jennifer Cruisie (I don't even know if she has one).

2) What music accompanies you?
I enjoy the weekend radio on a "talk radio" station! On the weekends they play "Jersey's Favorite hits" and I know every song they play. Very beachy and appropriate.

3) What essentials of everyday living must you take (as in the health and beauty aids aisle variety)?
Loads of sunscreen, sigh. I like some mascara and lipstick...but not so much at the beach. I guess I figure so much of me is being shown that the rest doesn't matter...hmmm. Toenail polish is still Cha-ching Cherry. Have been to busy for the summer pedicure, so have been doing my own.

4) What technological gadgets if any, will you take with you or do you leave it all behind?
My little ipod shuffle, freshly filled with 128 summery songs, including Will Smith's Summertime, Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay, and other summery beachy songs (add your suggestions in the comments, remember I have 128 to fill).

5) What culinary delights will you partake in while there?As a bonus question, what makes for a perfect day on vacation for you?
Yum. Watermelon and fruits, cake, cold cut sandwiches (and PB&J for Flash) crab cakes, pasta salad, a nice grilled steak, lemonade, hot dogs with lots of relish...I'm hungry.

Bonus question: What makes a perfect day on vacation for you?
Friends and family and no where to go and nothing pressing to do.
Thats what its like at my Mom's summer place.
I am looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Ok. Deep breath. All will be well, all will be well, all manner of things, all will be well (Saint Julian of Norwich).

Still. It is hard not to panic when facing the end of a housing contract with a family in tow.

But I can say from experience. All will be well.

Don't take the "wrong" job just avoid anxiety...on the other hand, take one if it feels right enough (presuming one gets "offered. " which it will...

prayers continue for you and your family.

revhipchick said...

your holiday sounds fab!

blessings (((hippastorzwife2b)))