Friday, June 15, 2007

Friday5 - Books!

Friday Five on books!!!

Um...I'm a librarian so, stunningly, I have very few answers to these...

1. Fiction what kind, detective novels, historical stuff, thrillers, romance????
Spy thrillers, mysteries, romance, mostly.
I am currently go through a superhero children's book phase.

2. When you get a really good book do you read it all in one chunk or savour it slowly?
Never enough time for the chunk anymore...but not a savor-er. If I like it, I'll read it through in several nights. If I don't like it...I give up!

3. Is there a book you keep returning to and why?
Several actually...
Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie
The James Herriot Books
ooh and theres another one...ooh, can't think of it.
My brain is mush today.

4. Apart from the Bible which non-fiction book has influenced you the most?
How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
I know you've heard of it and yes, the title is icky. Pick it up and read it anyway.

5. Describe a perfect place to read. ( could be anywhere!!!)
Comfy chair, quiet place.
beach, cabin, backyard all sound fine.
with some snacks and a glass of um...iced coffee today.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Never enough time to read all in one chunk. Yup. Some days, in the summer, and now that my kids are 18 and 15, I can get a few hours in a row. But that's about it. And I really wish I could learn to put down a book I am not enjoying. I'm compulsive enough (usually) to finish it. (I did put down American Bloomsbury, and have not picked it up again...but that is unusual. Such a disappointing book, don't get the hype).