Monday, June 11, 2007

ESCAPE!

Took a couple of days off, officially for packing. Unofficially..cuz I need to, I'm going crazy here.
So, today I'm off to see Ocean's 13 with Hubby! I completely loved the first movie, was so disappointed with the second one...I mean passing off Julia Roberts as Julia Roberts was funny as an idea, but not in practice...too cringe inducing and not as slick and well planned as the first movie. IMHO.
I'll give you my thoughts about 13 later!

Kid's book recomendation: The Adventures of Ordinary Boy by William Boniface. Theres a sequel now too...The Return of Meteor Boy. Did your kid love the movies, Incredibles or SKY HIGH? What about Chance Fortune and the Outlaws? Ordinary Boy may not have superpowers, unlike every other resident of Superopolis, but that doesn't mean he isn't a hero! Grades 3-5 I think...great cartoony drawings throughout. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, so GOOD!
Next on my list is a middle/high school version of the same theme "Evil Genius" by Catherine Jinks.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Oh good for you taking some time off. I hope you enjoy the movie - it is getting great reviews.

Just a heads up. I tagged you for a meme game today on eight random things. check out my blog for details and, if you choose to play let me know! (If not, I understand).