Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In a funny mood

I heard this comedian say that his child identified the church by the "plus sign" on top.
Hubby just about fell apart laughing.
I do believe that'll preach!

A friend asked us for Country songs that talked about redemption, or God for a sermon he was preparing
and I thought... Boy oh boy- you don't know country music well at all, do you?
(My personal suggestion was Martina McBride's Anyway, which says God is great but sometimes life ain't good...and that she prays anyway.)

Am I the only one who thought it was funny that Carrie Underwood's first hit is "Jesus Take the Wheel' and her second is "He Cheats" which has a very catchy refrain -
something about "taking a Louisville slugger to both headlights, carved her name into his leather seats and maybe next time he'll think before he cheats"?

I'm pretty sure she isn't talking about Jesus...
and
they say he drives a Chrysler. Yuk yuk yuk
Thank you, I'll be here all month.

2 comments:

chartreuseova said...

Yeah, don't think "He Cheats" is a song about redemption. LOL

I felt compelled to have a chat with my 5 yr old about revenge and appropriate responses to being wronged after we happened to see the music video on TV.

Diane M. Roth said...

I loved the comedian's story about the "plus sign"!!! I will use that someday