Sunday, June 03, 2007

Brief update...

Graduation has happened...Presby paperwork is being finished.
Visited a church for the second time, Hubby was really sick when we visited last time, so they invited him back to preach again, without the hacking cough. Ah grace!
And we brought Flash, who enjoyed seeing all the barns and cows and thought their playground was great. It went alright.

Also Hubby had a phone interview with another church on Friday night and they've emailed that they'd like us to visit. The first church is relatively close to my family...a longish drive. The next one is eight hours from everyone we know. Really, I mapquested it.

1 comment:

Terri said...

In my search I have decided that any church within a one day drive would be acceptable if I was really excited about it.

Every church that I have been iffy about, or tried to talk myself into being exctied (well, they have this or they do this etc...) has turned out to not be a good idea. I have declined positions and been declined. And almost every time it's been the right decision - we were not a good fit.

So. If you can hang in there until you find the church that really excites you (husband and you) and the excitement is mutual (congregation, husband, and you), then you will be in good shape regardless of how close family and friends might be. (Although I'd probably still abide my the one day car trip rule)...(what ever a one day car trip means to you, five hours, eight hours?)...

Although, even as I say this, I remember that one cannot be as "picky" perhaps with the first call out of seminary? My first and second calls out of seminary were both filled with profound challenges, neither exactly what I really wanted...but proved to be good learning experiences. Now, however, I am being very picky. I really want some fresh challenges that do not replicate what I've already done...

My continued prayers for you during this time. I hope you find a church with a good balance of excitement and challenges to grow...