Friday, January 22, 2010

Gaining perspective

" I cried because I had no shoes..."

I haven't gotten as much done on the possible RIF as I'd like.
Haven't even written my congress people.
I've checked the state jobsite.
I called about a replacement license (can't find mine anywhere).
Registered for CPR/AED training refresher so I can keep up my substitute teacher license.
Little depressed about the whole thing.

"...And then I met a man who had no feet..."

Saw an acquaintence today...haven't seen her in a while.
Her husband left her and their two girls
and she's about to lose her house,
and she's on public assistance.
Has a good job at least...
yikes.

and I can't even watch the Haiti coverage.
Lord, Lord, Lord.

1 comment:

Terri said...

it is just hard everywhere...and we have to give thanks for our blessings, meager though the may seem...hope the job situation for you becomes a good thing...hoping I find one by March...YIKES..oh, and I will be coming back to Chicago for awhile or a long while..sometime end of Feb. perhaps we can find a way to meet for coffee..