Friday, February 05, 2010

Friday5: the gloomies

Its February, its cold and gloomy. Christmas is over and spring is at least 6 weeks away (per Groundhog report) So...what to do?
1. Exercise, what do you do if you can't face getting out into the cold and damp?
I have joined Curves. Its a women's only 30 minutes workout place and kinda fun.
But if I can't get out I might turn up the radio and dance!

2. Food; time to comfort eat, or time to prepare your body for the coming spring/summer?
Uh, hmmmm. I have a standing rule that we bake cookies on snowdays. Not healthy or anything but I tend to cook and enjoy my cooking during this time of the year. I am trying to be healthy, but the cookie tradition will be continued!

3. Brainpower; do you like me need to stave off depression, if so how do you do it?
Some computer time, a book or two, games with the kids, trying to tidy and cook. I get gloomy at times but am too busy and crazy to dwell at this point which is good, since this month is shaping up to be pretty depressing.

4. How about a story that lifts your spirits, is there a book or film that you return to to stave off the gloom?
I have several movies I watch over and over Ocean's 11, Top Hat, the Incredibles and Groundhogs Day are at the top of the list. The book is American Pie: A slice of Life along America's backroads. It's a true story about a woman's pie road-trip.

5. Looking forward, do you have a favourite spring flower/ is there something that says spring is here more than anything else?Bonus; post a poem/ piece of music that points to the coming spring......
When the Rob-rob-robin comes bob-bob-bobbin' along....?
The first Crocus?
T-ball practice?

2 comments:

Terri said...

T-ball practice....such fun and fond memories...hope the month ends up being better than it seems like it will be...

hip2b said...

Yours too.