Wednesday, January 06, 2010

HeartlessGrouch

What a grouch I am
How heartless and ungrateful
Hubby called and said he was visiting someone at the hospital in the late afternoon, wouldn't be able to pick up the kids and didn't know when he'd be home. Wouldn't tell me much but I gathered that the person may not leave the hospital.
And I am a terrible person.
because my next five minutes were
1. grumpy about another night of doing everything myself and probably ruined plans for the weekend.
2. self-loathing that I have that much grouch in me when someone's loved one is dying.

1 comment:

Terri said...

You are not a heartless grouch. You are a tired working mom of two small children who needs a helping partner. Your partner is a tired working father/pastor with a flock to tend too as well as his family.

so, the reality is everyone is doing the best they can. Being grouchy isn't the issue, staying grouchy is. So, now you can add this family to your prayers and forgive yourself too.